Trinity Episcopal Church
Trinity Episcopal Church was built in 1807 and is on the State and National Registers of Historic Places. Known as the “Mother Church,” Trinity’s priests ministered to other groups of Episcopalians north of the Mohawk River, including Grace Church, Norway and groups in Herkimer and Little Falls. Other churches were founded as a result and in 1959, Trinity was Consolidated with the Church of the Memorial in Middleville. The parish became known as Trinity – St. Michael’s Parish. Trinity Church is now owned by the Fairfield Restoration’s Association, Inc.(FRA). FRA was organized and incorporated in 2006. Its purpose is to preserve Fairfield’s heritage by encouraging the preservation and maintenance of existing historic structures. A grant from the Landmarks Conservancy’s Sacred Sites and generous donations from interested people, near and far, enabled the restoration of the bell tower in 2007. In 2011, Trinity Episcopal Church was deeded to FRA by the Diocese of Albany and is now known as Historic Trinity Church. Historic Trinity has been open for public meetings, special occasions, various displays and programs, and weddings. The Fairfield Cemetery Association was deeded the Trinity Church Cemetery and plans to maintain it and to offer lots for sale in the future.
Community Hall, located at 1218 Hardscrabble Rd. is an old one room school house, now used as a meeting place for many Town of Fairfield functions.